Tuesday, August 14, 2007

He deals the cards as a meditation

Hoo-rah.

I have a very little itty bitty hangover. I've never had one that I can remember--but I have drank pretty much every night these last three nights. Don't look at me like that--I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. Most of the time.

So I'm drinking tea and making some impulse purchases. Want to hear about them??

I turned on my computer this morning and it started to make one of the three very strange & frightening noises. It was a deep whirring rumble, almost like a mini thunder storm inside of my tower. I was upset. This is the fifteenth day in the row that I've shut down and rebooted my computer and prayed that it not blow up in my face.

This has been causing a great deal of emotional and practical problems with me. For one thing, I'm going back to school very soon and I would like a computer that is capable of browsing the internet, writing up reports, printing and generally not behaving like a nuisance. I would have called the manufacturer of my computer to see what the problem was--except that my computer was made in the basement of my mothers house using spare (eh--stolen?) parts from her husbands work... as well as whatever we had lying around.

I'm also greatly concerned with the state of my writing files. As EVERYONE who comes across or reads this blog knows, I write an awful lot. Most of my writing is stored in this here finicky computer. I'm currently starting a barrage of backing up onto floppy drives, since my CD drive does not seem to want to burn onto any blank disks. *Shakes fist* the bastard.

SOoooo.... I went onto Dell.com today and, uh, bought a new computer.

Yeah, I know. Just one entry ago I was ranting about the lack of money. However--I DID crunch some numbers recently. If I do a few simply things to limit my weekly consumption of money, I will be fine to purchase this new computer as well as purchase some health insurance and keep in check all the other monthly/weekly bills that I've incurred recently.

I'm taking great advantage in the fact I'm not paying rent. Huzzah for that--shout out to my Uncle Dave. He rocks.

Mainly the cut down on the budget will be to stop purchasing so much expensive food. I'm a sucker for taste, and I have expensive taste. Not to mention I've been having people buy me an assortment of beer and wine recently. I'll just have to, uh... get one more bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon before I stop that. Hey--last time I got a bottle my Uncle drank half of it. Those are supposed to last me four or five days at least--and those are writing days. For multiple reasons I like a glass of red wine when writing about vampires. It's poetic in many ways.

So... new computer. I'm all fluttery. Half of me is going, "I cannot believe I just did that". The other half is doing the snoopy dance and going, "Yay, woot, yay, new computer, new printer, new speakers, oh yeah." The one thing I see as a general problem now, that I'll have to squeeze into my budget soon, is a new computer desk. The one I have now is over forty years old and gave a groan the other day and sank about two inches from where the screws were put. Yeah, it was a cheap desk to begin with.

Last thing I need is to bring home my new computer and set it up, and then have the desk collapse underneath it. Then again, my new computer ought to be lighter then the one I have now. The monitor alone must weigh thirty-five pounds.

Speaking of monitors--my cat has taken to stepping on/napping on my computer monitor, which is one of the old, old ones. I'm getting a flat panel with this new computer. I wonder what my cat will think.

Well.... to me, this was a necessity. I stayed my hand last week from purchasing this machine, but...

Well, it was on sale too. At least $600 off for the back-to-school bit. Still, it's a $1,400 machine. Because I went geeky on it and wanted the best there was to get. Yeah... and a laser printer. Booyah.

Now I need to keep myself from converting from dial-up to DSL. Maybe later...

I feel like my emotional age has dropped down ten years this morning. I've never let myself be all impulsive like this--not with this much money. Ever.

Now to save up the money to buy text books, and recover my things from Missouri.

And to stop my mind from tearing itself in two on the vice-versus of my latest buying decision. Sigh. I had to. I didn't have to. Jesus, this will be an interesting few days.

Maggio il vostro amore di luce non penetrare l'oscurità della notte,

-Lady Teigra-

No comments: