Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I don't want to live inside this daydream anymore

Well, I've been on an unoficial hiatus.

My shiney new computer arrived and the Dell guys made two errors. One, they forgot my floppy drive. Another, they forgot a regular 56K modem so I can use my dialup. They included a wireless card! Like, what am I going to do with that? There's an ethernet jack as well, so I'll be updating to DSL soon... ish.

As is, I'm transfering files between one computer and the next to use the internet. Right now I'm sprawled on the floor of my office typing, and I keep making the basic key stroke mistakes. Garh.

Tonight I should have my old 56K modem installed in my new computer, which should have me on the internet on my new computer (A.K.A.-Glorificus) by later. That's a lot of shoulds, but you know how it goes.

Oh, and, ah... I finished HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.

...

Ta,

-Lady Teigra-

2 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

I think I managed to fry my main computer with a virus last night. I can't keep dragging it back to the friend who built it for me, so I'll have to look into getting it repaired at a local shop. Good thing he gave me an old laptop at the same time, so I still have a computer to use.

Congratulations on finishing the book! Now I just know one more person who needs to finish it - and he's been working on it since it came out a month ago. Soon I can write an essay on how one character's motivations and sacrifices were so much more noble and profound than another character's.

Joseph said...

yay for you! i'm happy you're updating to DSL =]

and yay again that you finished harry potter! i'm such a liar, last week i told myself that i was going to finish it before the week was over, and i'm already four days past my due date, and i haven't even opened it yet o.O damnit. you're my new inspiration now. i feel like reading your blog about you finishing up the book was like fate telling me to actually get up and do something =P hehe. well, I do have a day off on monday with no plans until the evening ... i'll keep you posted on that. good to see you posting again =]